3 superior bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, New 10×5 metre pool. Detached, surrounded by gardens and open countryside, historical towns and Chateaux nearby, vineyards and great markets.
The house has been sympathetically restored keeping all the features you would expect from a 300 year old stone house. Stone sinks, oak beams, large fireplaces, hidden terraces and sunny vistas.
The accommodation comprises 3 generous bedrooms, one on the ground floor, which have been lovingly decorated and are a mix of old French charm and boutique hotel. All rooms have super king-size beds with Egyptian cotton linen, vintage and antique French furniture and flat screen TVs. The spacious en-suites are tiled in stone with roomy walk in powerful showers and modern “boutique touches”.
A pretty, shady covered terrace provides a relaxing spot to escape the mid-day sun or to enjoy breakfast. From the terrace you enter the heart of the house, le Grande Salon. A generous, terracotta tiled and oak beamed room and as with many old French farmhouses, the centre of the house. A well equipped kitchen with large kitchen dining table. Plenty of cosy seating and a big stone fireplace with wood burning stove large flat screen TV with English channels and Wi-Fi.
Outside you will find a new 10m x 5m swimming pool complete with day beds, sun loungers and the far reaching views of the rolling hills and vineyards of the Cote de Duras. There are plenty of shady spots and sunny vistas just perfect for lazy BBQ’s with a glass of local wine.
If you can drag yourself away from the pool and the far reaching views there is plenty to do close by. The villages of Saint Sernin and Villeneuve de Duras 3km offer a bar/tabac, a pizza restaurant and bistro, The bustling Bastide town of Duras 6km with a great little weekly market and night market in the Summer. Here you will find all the amenities, supermarkets, pharmacies, bars and restaurants, a Chateau. There is also a chocolate factory where you can taste and buy beautiful chocolate and local confectionery. We are surrounded by the local winemakers, all of which offer tastings and sell their wines by the case and many by the bottle and by the litre. 12kms to the North is the Dordogne river and the town of Sainte-Foy-la-Grande with one of Frances best markets. The lovely town of Bergerac and the imposing Chateau at Monbazillac 35km. The UNESCO World Heritage site of St Emilion 45km and the beautiful Bordeaux 65km.
For the more active there is Canoeing on the Dordogne 12km, Tennis courts at Saint Sernin, Golf at one of Frances best golf courses 12km and a countryside haven for walking and cycling.
Please note the swimming pool is closed from November and re-opens in April.
Terms & conditions
COVID Cancellation Policy updated continuously and subject to change without notice. Last updated 28th July 2020
At present the payment and cancellation policy for bookings is;
- We require a £200 deposit to secure a booking to rent our house or a £100 deposit per room if you are attending a cookery course or gourmet break.
- The deposit will convert to a security/damage deposit when you arrive and not be used as part payment for your holiday. The security deposit will be returned, subject to conditions, when you return to the UK.
- Payment in full is made when you arrive at the property.
- The deposit is refunded in full if you cancel 90 days before the date of arrival.
- If you cancel with less than 90 days and you can travel you will lose the deposit.
- If you cancel with less than 90 days, because of a return of Covid, and your government advises that you can not travel then the deposit will be retained and used for a future reservation.